Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Watermark Shirts

Things you will need:

  • Blue Gel Glue (Elmer's or knock off)
  • White t-shirt
  • Dye any color of your choice (Wal-mart or Hobby Lobby)
Step One:
Dampen your white shirt with cool water and place between a plastic bin lid or cardboard. (We used old chalk boards.) After doing that write or draw the design on your shirt with the Blue Gel Glue.


Step two:
Let glue dry overnight.

Step three:
Place the shirt in sink with pre mixed dye or if using tye dye make the pattern you would like and soak.  This step really just depends on the dye that you use. Follow the instructions on the packaging for best results!  After the shirt is dyed let the shirts dry so that the dye can fully soak in.  The lettering will not be clear but don't get discouraged!



Step four:
Now that the shirts are dry it is time to put them in cold water for 15 minutes.  This will get the excess dye out of the shirt and the rest of the glue to loosen/come off. No one wants unwanted shirts dyed. ;)

Step five:
The shirt is ready to be washed and dried then worn!


My final shirt!                                                                      Jessica's final shirt!

The watermark shirts were pretty easy to make and fun to do.  These were our test shirts so now we know how to make them in the near future!  

8 comments:

  1. Ah! This is awesome. My sister loves to do tie-dye shirts so I will let her know of this fun alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute!! I am definitely going to try this !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun! I wanna try this for sure! I wonder what other things you could use this method on!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks like fun!! I'm thinking this is something I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of you should try it! They are fun to make and relatively simple as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN! I need to make one that says, "I love robots!"

    ReplyDelete