Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dating.

I must start out by saying that I do not enjoy dating.  We all have to suck it up and do it unless we want to be a lonely cat lady/man.  That's besides the point though.

I use to be the relationship type, I always had a boyfriend and it became emotionally exhausting after awhile.  I discovered that maybe I might want to get to know myself before getting to know another.  This has been an interesting journey for me and at times lonely.  I have learned more about myself in the past year than I could imagine possible.  I finally feel like I am ready to date.  This might sound silly to some but it is pretty hard for me.

Anyways.

What is important to you when looking for a mate?
Looks? Personality? Height? Humor? The list could go on and on. (I actually made one in my Sociology class last semester.)

There is a point to my rant about dating. I promise.

I went on a date with a guy last night that I normally wouldn't have gone out with.  (He's nice for once!) I think that most people seem nice but once you meet them is how you can really gauge who a person is.  It's in the way they hold themselves, speak to you and how they treat others.  I watch all of that and much more on the first date because it is so important.  I like to know that their attention is focused on me and not the plethora of people around us.

If they cannot pay attention to you on the first date then red flags should go up!

"I don't need to flirt, I will seduce you with my awkwardness."

1 comment:

  1. I like what you said about watching how they treat other people. I do that with people I like too. I am glad your date went well!

    ReplyDelete