Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Furniture!

I decided that when I moved out I was going to take my old dresser that has been in the garage for longer than I want to admit.  It was too big to fit in my last room because I have too much crap.  After pondering what I was going to do about my bedroom furniture for the new house, I figured heck why not redo all of it?

I wasn't able to take pics of the process because I was a little messy.  It was easy though but kind of time consuming.  It took me all day Saturday basically.
  • The first thing you do is sand your furniture down. (With a sander or by hand.)
  • I chose to use primer (2 layers) as my undercoat to save a step but you can choose whichever color you want. 
  • After letting the spray paint dry for an hour I chose black to be my top coat (2 layers).
  • Another hour (or less) I put 2 flat clear coats on over the black.
  • Finally I got to distress the dresser by using sandpaper (60).
It was a fun project and I did my nightstand and TV stand the same way on Sunday!

1 comment: