Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Grammy's

The Grammy's were pretty interesting this year to say the least.  There were interesting performances and not the prettiest fashion statements.


The Red Carpet is always my favorite.  I love seeing the good, the bad and definitely the ugly.


My favorite dress of the night was Carrie Underwood's it was simple, elegant and I loved the low back with the strap to add dimension.  I had to show how scrumptious Blake Shelton looked as well. :)


The least favorite attire for me was from Bonnie McKee.  She isn't well known but I fell in love with one of her songs a few years back so seeing her in this outfit was disappointing. Yes, those are tassels that look like long armpit hair.  I also couldn't help but notice how high the slit was on Adam Levine's gf, Anne Vyalitsyna.  I don't care if you are a Victoria's Secret model put some clothes on and be classy not trashy for an awards ceremony!



A lot of the performers did really well on Sunday with a couple exceptions. My favorite of the night was Katy Perry's ET/Part of Me.  It was obviously directed towards her recent split from Russell Brand and that made me smile.  I feel like it was time for her to speak out about it and to do it musically is the best way.  Also, releasing it at the Grammy's was the best move she could've made in my opinion! (Blue hair maybe not the most appealing decision.)  The worst performance was way easier to pick for me.  Nicki Minaj.  She's always been a bit strange but this was pushing the limits.  It blew my mind in a bad way.  Even the look on her face makes her look crazy! ;)



Since it's Valentine's Day, I guess I'll post what I got from my Valentine.  He left for Georgia for 3 weeks a little over a week ago. (Air Force) He sent me white chocolate covered strawberries, such a sweetheart, I know!


7 comments:

  1. Wasn't Anne Vyalitsyna's dress a disaster! anytime you have to get a bikini wax to wear a formal dress you should think twice. But, I have to admit that if i could pull it off I would probably wear some scandalous attire lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie Underwood and Katy Perry looking good as normal..Nicki Minaj & Chris Brown should've been left out of the performances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree carrie's dress is so pretty!! That is so sweet that he sent you those chocolate covered strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Grammy's this year! There were a lot of hits and misses with the fashion, but I loved that Adele killed it this year! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the grammys outfits were incred!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree with you more! Carries dress was stunning, and Nicki Minaj was a disaster. I have never been a fan but I couldn't stand her performance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chocolate dipped strawberries look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete