Thursday, February 23, 2012

Book Nerd.

This year my New Year's resolution was to read all of Nicholas Sparks' books.  I had already read 4 but I decided that I wanted to start reading more for pleasure.  As of last night I am on book 9.  I find reading to be very soothing and a small escape from the everyday stresses of life.

Anyways.

My favorite book so far of his has to be True Believer or The Lucky One.  I like them both for two totally different reason.  True Believer was great because the main character was a Journalist and found his passion after finding his soul mate. (cheesy I know) The Lucky One is about a Marine that finds a picture of a woman while in Iraq and she becomes his good luck charm.  After his tour is finished he sets out to find her and does.  I like that one because one of my best friends is a Marine and it was interesting to think that men in the military might actually have good luck charms.

After staying up for the past couple nights just to read I discover two things.
1. I am a book nerd.
2. I am all right with it.

Have you all read any good books lately?

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read any books, since the twilight series, but I have been thinking of reading the hunger games series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Hundred Years of Solitude. I've been on a Marquez tear recently

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Grapes of Wrath and Cat's Cradle at the moment... I'm a huge book nerd. In fact, I got in trouble as a kid for staying up late to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nicholas Sparks I have been wanting to read The Lucky One. I might have to start it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a lot of Nicholas Sparks in high school, I was obsessed! The Hunger Games are also a good series, and they're an easy read if you want to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Road is a great book of his! Great read, look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm I will to read some of these books mentioned!

    ReplyDelete